1. She wears a wedding ring to show that she's married.
2. The telephone is ringing.
3. I wonder when mother will ring?
4. These apples are not ripe; they are sour.
5. The time was ripe for a challenge to the power of the government.
6. The sun rises in the east.
7. I am reading a book about the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
8. The Changjiang River is one of the longest rivers in the world.
9. All roads lead to Rome.
10. They knocked him down and robbed him of his briefcase.
11. The silly ending robs the plot of any credibility.
12. The news of the president's murder rocked the nation.
13. He rocked back and forth in his rocking chair.
14. The ship struck on a rock and sank.
15. The dog rolled on the floor.
16. The slow steady roll of the ship made him sick.
17. Here is a book about Roman history.
18. He first met his wife in Rome.
19. She and I can't live under the same roof.
20. I want a double room with a view.
21. There is not so much room for these books.
22. Do you think the new rosebush has taken root?
23. Unhappiness is the root cause of his illness.
24. They tied their prisoner up with a piece of rope.
25. I found him pruning his roses.
26. The rough road made the car vibrate.
27. They complained rough handling by the police.
28. Could you give me a rough idea when you'll be back?
29. The earth goes round the sun.
30. A strange story has been going round.
31. He put the apples on a round plate.
32. Cut the bread into small rounds and give me two.
33. Students stand hand in hand in a row.
34. He rowed the boat across the lake.
35. The new law has received the royal assent.
36. They gave us a right royal welcome.
37. The papers are full of stories about the royals.
38. I rubbed the window with a cloth.
39. He rubbed his hands to keep them warm.
40. Please give the table a good rub with this cloth.
41. Don't be so rude to your parents!
42. It's very rude of her to leave without telling us.
43. The castle now lies in ruins.
44. The rain ruined my painting.
45. It's against the rule to pick up the ball.
46. Charles ruled England for 11 years.
47. The little boy ran off to get his brother.
48. He has no idea of how to run a business.
49. The petrol is running out.
50. They rushed up the stairs.
51. The cat made little rushes to and fro after the ball.
52. He did not like us to rush him.
53. It made me sad to hear you have to go away.
54. The train is a safe means of transportation.
55. The safety of the ship is the captain's responsibility.
56. The management took all reasonable safety precautions.
57. It's very important to teach the children about road safety.
58. Can you sail a boat?
59. He is going to live by the coast for the sake of his health.
60. I'm not talking for talking's sake; this is important!
61. The law forbids the sale of alcohol to people under 18.
62. The latest model of this washer is now on sale in your shops.
63. The vegetables need more salt.
64. They salted down most of the meat for their later use.
65. Father sits in the same chair every evening.
66. Twins look the same as each other.
67. His company was built on the sand.
68. The roads were sanded after the snowstorm.
69. Some people are very hard to satisfy.
70. I was unable to satisfy them of the truth of my story.
71. Just to satisfy my curiosity, how much did you pay for your car?
72. She goes swimming on Saturdays.
73. We will go to the cinema on Saturday morning.
74. These civilizations flourished while Europeans were still savages living in caves.
75. Today's newspapers made a savage attack on the unions for their refusal to negotiate.
76. The doctor managed to save his life.
77. Children should learn to save.
78. All the guests have gone save one.
79. May I borrow your saw?
80. They are sawing a log into planks.
81. She said nothing to me about it.
82. It's hard to say who it was.
83. The force of the wind is measured on a standard scale of 0-12.
84. We are seeing unemployment on an unprecedented scale.
85. Scale the fish before cooking them.
86. And now the scene shifts to the warehouse, where the murderer is lying in wait.
87. He is a painter of street scenes.
88. Our reporter was the first person on the scene.
89. She studies in a high school.
90. The score was five-nil with five minute left in the game.
91. According to the Bible, we can expect to live for three score years and ten.
92. Arsenal scored in the final minute of the game.
93. The sea covers nearly three-fourths of the world's surface.
94. This document carries the royal seal.