课堂英语

初中英语高中英语大学英语英语作文校园生活学习方法英语语法经典教程小学英语

英国语文BOOK 6 LESSON 3 The burial of sir john moore 爵士约翰·摩尔的葬礼 (中英对照+mp3)

lanyuzhe 于2015-07-29发布 l 已有人浏览
增大字体 减小字体
《英国语文》第六册03课 the burial of sir john moore 爵士约翰·摩尔的葬礼,该教程是了解英国人文历史、欣赏英国文学的优秀读本,含有中英双语课文对照阅读及mp
    小E英语欢迎您,请点击播放按钮开始播放……

LESSON 3 The burial of sir john moore

第三课 爵士约翰·摩尔的葬礼

Not a drum was heard, not a funeral note,

没有战鼓,也没有哀乐齐鸣

As his corpse to the ramparts we hurried;

当我们把他的尸体运到城堡

Not a soldier discharged his farewell shot

在我们的英雄埋葬者的墓上

O'er the grave where our hero we buried.

也没有一名战士发射礼炮

We buried him darkly at dead of night,

我们用刺刀在土中深翻

The sods with our bayonets turning;

悄悄地埋葬他在寂静的夜晚

By the struggling moonbeam's misty light,

靠着雾中露出的朦胧月光

And the lantern dimly burning.

还有那暗淡的灯光

No useless coffin enclosed his breast,

棺椁盛不下他那撕裂的胸膛

Not in sheet nor in shroud we wound him;

布单不可以裹尸布更不行

But he lay like a warrior taking his rest

看!身裹战袍的他

With his martial cloak around him.

犹如躺下休憩的战士

Few and short were the prayers we said,

没有过多的祷词

And we spoke not a word of sorrow

也没有表达过多的悲伤

But we steadfastly gazed on the face that was dead,

可是我们坚定地凝视着他的脸

And we bitterly thought of the morrow.

明日的酸楚随即浮上心头

We thought, as we hollowed his narrow bed,

我们一边为孤独的英雄挖出一座简单的坟墓

And smoothed down his lonely pillow,

抚平他的枕头

That the foe and the stranger would tread o'er his head,

一边在想当我们乘风破浪远航时

And we far away on the billow!

敌人和不知情的人会来践踏英雄的头颅

Lightly they'll talk of the spirit that's gone,

虽然他尸骨未寒

And o'er his cold ashes upbraid him;

但他们还是会侮辱咒骂这逝去的英灵

But little he'll reck if they let him sleep on

只要他们能让他在英格兰同胞亲手下葬的墓地里安息

In the grave where a Briton has laid him!

他会对一切都毫不在意

But half of our heavy task was done

刚刚艰难地挖了一半

When the clock struck the hour for retiring;

撤退的时间到了

And we heard the distant and random gun

远处传来零星的炮声

That the foe was sullenly firing.

那是敌人战败后生气的报复

Slowly and sadly we laid him down,

从这片他溅满鲜血留下英名的土地上

From the field of his fame fresh and gory:

我们满怀悲愤小心翼翼地将他放下来

We carved not a line, and we raised not a stone—

没有为他树一块石碑更没有刻下一句墓志铭

But we left him alone with his glory.

但他的光辉事迹将永载史册。

—Charles Wolfe (1791-1823).

—察理·沃尔夫(1791-1823)

译文属小E英语原创,未经允许,不得转载。

 1 2 下一页

分享到

添加到收藏

专题推荐

  • 与美国小学生一起学英文1
  • 与美国小学生一起学英文2
  • 与美国小学生一起学英文3
  • 经典教程排行