英语听力

听力入门英语演讲VOA慢速英语美文听力教程英语新闻名校课程听力节目影视听力英语视频

塑料污染威胁海域 治理从教育开始

kira86 于2018-06-13发布 l 已有人浏览
增大字体 减小字体
海洋塑料污染最近引起各界的广泛关注,那么应该如何治理呢?最简单的是,从教育抓起,从每个个体开始。
    小E英语欢迎您,请点击播放按钮开始播放……

海洋塑料垃圾.jpg
The threat from plastic pollution can be easy to spot.

很容易注意到塑料污染所带来的威胁。

A seal cut from netting in Cornwall this time fortunate to survive.

康沃尔一只被网割伤的海豹这次幸运活下来。

What's more difficult to find are the tiny particles, the micro plastics in the water and on the beaches.

更难找到的是水里和海滩上的细小颗粒,微小塑料。

A month ago we asked Avril Sainsbury to collect and keep the plastic she found on the coast.

一个月前我们让艾薇儿•塞恩思伯里收集并保留她在海岸上发现的塑料物。

This bay has a clean rating.

人们评价这个海湾很干净。

But her beachcombing reveals a startling amount of pollution.

但是在她在收集过程中发现了数量令人吃惊的污染物。

That's hundreds.

那有上百个。

Yeah, and that's a small fraction of what I've actually picked up.

是的,而且那是我实际上捡起来的一小部分。

I've become very very interested in micro plastics.

我变得对微小塑料非常非常感兴趣。

Because I realized that a lot of people quite innocently, we walking onto the beach and saying it looks really clean.

因为我意识到有许多人十分无知,人们走在海滩上还会说那看起来真的很干净。

It is fantastic.

这不可思议。

Actually when you look a little bit closer, sadly there's a huge amount of micro plastic in the sand.

实际上当你稍微靠近一点儿看时,很悲哀,有大量的微小塑料物在沙子里。

The oceans are no different.

大海没有什么不同。

This is the new normal, tiny flecks of plastic a millimeter or so in length filling our seas.

这是新出现的正常现象,一毫米左右的塑料微粒遍及我们海域。

Whether in the middle of the Atlantic or here in Plymouth Sound, it's now unusual not to find microscopic pollutants.

不管是在大西洋中部还是普利茅斯海峡这里,现在没有发现微污染物很不寻常。

But what researchers discover is creating a clearer picture of plastics impact on the planet.

但是研究人员发现塑料物对地球的影响更加明显。

Dr. Nicola Beaumont's analysing the data to inform government policy.

尼古拉•博蒙特博士正在分析数据,那会对政府政策造成影响。

And it's concerned by her results.

并且人们关注她的分析结果。

We started see evidence that those plastics will affect the productivity and the efficiency of our fisheries.

我们开始找到证据表明那些塑料物将会影响渔业的产量和生产率。

There's evidence that they could influence the amount of CO2 that the sea can take off.

有证据表明表面它们会影响海洋所能释放的二氧化碳含量。

There's evidence to show that the recreational benefits we get are negatively affected by plastics.

有证据表明我们所获得休闲价值会受到塑料物的负面影响。

So all of those benefits the sea gives us.

所以那些都是海洋给我们带来的好处。

I'm really under threat and at risk now from the plastics.

我真的处于塑料物的威胁和风险之下。

Although it can be found in abundance, we should not demonize plastics, say the scientists, try and make a difference by turning the tide through education.

科学家称尽管发现塑料物大量存在,我们也不应该妖魔化塑料物,要通过教育改变人们的思维来尝试扭转局面。

What we're trying to do is turn this around in a generation.

我们现在努力做的是通过一代人扭转这个局面。

And you need to use that plastic wrap.

而且你需要使用塑料包装。

Can you use something else?

你能使用其它包装吗?

Can you just remember to bring your kit cup?

你能记住带着自己的杯子吗?

Can you buy mayonnaise in a jar rather than a squeezy plastic bottle?

你能买罐装的沙拉酱而不是挤压塑料装的吗?

Healing these seals is relatively easy.

治愈这些海豹相对来说是简单的。

But cleaning more than a hundred years of plastic waste from the seas will be a much tougher task.

但是百余年的时间清理海洋中的塑料污染将会是一个更艰巨的任务。

 1 2 下一页

分享到

添加到收藏

英语新闻排行