英语听力

听力入门英语演讲VOA慢速英语美文听力教程英语新闻名校课程听力节目影视听力英语视频

CNN英语新闻:罕见美国暴风雪侵袭 造成交通严重堵塞(双语)

yedda春望 于2013-02-28发布 l 已有人浏览
增大字体 减小字体
对大多数美国人而言,这个星期五却是冰天雪地。在冬天你期望下雪及寒冷的温度,而这场风暴所带来的却截然不同,它太大了。大约有6000万人,我们说的是美国整个人口的20%,都可能受此影响。
    小E英语欢迎您,请点击播放按钮开始播放……

65321362039975.jpg

Usually on CNN student news, we say how Fridays are awesome, for a lot of the U.S, this Friday is frozen.
通常的CNN学生新闻,我们会说周五是多么的棒,然而对大多数美国人而言,这个星期五却是冰天雪地。

You expect snow and cold temperatures in the winter, what makes this storm different is that it's huge.
在冬天你期望下雪及寒冷的温度,而这场风暴所带来的却截然不同,它太大了。

Around 60 million people, we're talking 20% of the entire U.S population potentially affected by this.
大约有6000万人,我们说的是美国整个人口的20%,都可能受此影响。

Governors and mayors have declared states of emergency .
各个州长和市长已经宣布进入紧急状态。

The area that's being hit is roughly the same size as Mexico and the storm is bringing some unusual weather.
受到侵袭的这个地区大小大致和墨西哥相同而且暴风雪带来了一些不寻常的天气。

Probably haven't seen or heard that too often, it's called thundersnow and you need the right ingredients for it to happen.
你可能平常还没有看到或听过,它叫做雷暴雪而且需要正确的成分才能发生。

Cold air, on top of warm air, with moist air close to the ground.
寒冷的空气在温暖的空气上层,而潮湿的空气接近地面。

This massive winter storm is causing travel problems like what CNN's Ted Rowlands ran into outside Kansas City.
这种大规模的暴风雪导致了交通问题,比如CNN的泰德?罗兰兹就正在堪萨斯城之外。

The freeways here are a mess, an absolute mess, I was stuck on I-29 for about an hour and a half, just dead still, I've gone on 35, I-70, all of it an mess.
高速公路一片混乱,绝对的混乱,我被困在I-29上大约已经有一个半小时,依然寸步难行,我在35,I-70上都经历了这种境况,现在都是烂摊子。

And though, biggest part is not only visibility , but the snow accumulation is just,
而且,最大的问题不仅是可见度,而且还有积雪问题,

it's piling up, and people are getting stuck, spinning out, there's trucks all over the road,
人们被困住,打滑,有卡车在路上,

there's been a couple of medical emergency, which, of course, have made it very difficult that the snow makes it very difficult for first responders to get to those people,
有几起紧急医疗事件,当然,已经非常困难,雪致使急救人员很难到达需要救助者那里,

you know, the bottomline is they warn people do not drive in these conditions, and there is a reason why this storm is a whopper.
你知道,底线是他们已经对人们做出警告不要在这种恶劣气候条件下开车,而这就是这场大雪被称为大雪的原因。

There might be a sliver lining here, some of the states getting heat had been dealing with a terrible drought.
可能也会尚存一线希望,一些州在应对这场可怕的干旱灾难上已经绞尽脑汁。

So when all this snow melts, the water could help relieve some of those drought issues.
所以,当所有雪融化融化后,雪水会帮助缓解一些干旱问题。

See if you can ID me?
看看你能不能认出我?

I'm a country that borders 14 others, I'm the fourth largest nation in land area.
我和14个国家接壤,在土地面积上我是第四大国家。

I have the world's second largest economy.
我有世界第二大经济体。

And when it comes to population, I'm number 1.
而当谈到人口的时候我位列第1名。

I'm China, and my most populated city is Shanghai.
我就是中国,而我最密集的城市是上海。

词语解释

1.temperature n.气温;体温
The temperature has stayed hot this week.
本周气温一直都很热。

2.potential a.潜在的;可能的
These potential effects must be studied carefully.
这些潜在的影响必须仔细地加以研究。

3.emergency n.突发事件;紧急状态
She has the ability to keep calm in an emergency.
她有处变不惊的本事。

4.absolute a.绝对的;确实的
There is no absolute standard for beauty.
美是没有绝对的标准的。

5.visibility n.能见度;可见性
Fog restricted visibility.
雾天能见度很低。

 1 2 下一页

分享到

添加到收藏

英语新闻排行