英语听力

听力入门英语演讲VOA慢速英语美文听力教程英语新闻名校课程听力节目影视听力英语视频

CNN英语新闻:纽镇遇害儿童父亲呼吁禁止攻击性武器(双语)

yedda春望 于2013-03-05发布 l 已有人浏览
增大字体 减小字体
雷奥·哈斯伦的儿子杰西的性命在12月14日在纽镇康涅狄格桑迪霍克小学被夺走。杰西是其他遇害19个孩子的其中一人。
    小E英语欢迎您,请点击播放按钮开始播放……

47841362469969.jpg

Hi I'm Anderson Cooper.
你好,我是安德森·库珀。

Welcome to Podcast.
欢迎来到播客节目。

Newton father talks about last moment with his son and what needs to be done to prevent another tragic , also the ridiculous.
纽镇的一位父亲谈到和自己儿子的最后时刻及所需要做的以防止另一起悲剧,也是闹剧的再次发生。

Let's get started.
让我们开始今天的节目。

We begin though tonight with the father's tearful pledge :
我们今晚从一位泪流满面父亲的呼吁开始:

Do something so that no dad no parent ever has to feel inside the way he is feeling tonight.
做点什么,再也不让今晚父亲及父母这样的感受出现。

Do something so that no parent never has to walk passing the son/daughter's empty room.
做点什么,再也不让一对父母通过儿子或者女儿空空如也的房间。

Do something.
做点什么吧。

Leo Haslen, son Jessie was taken from him in Sandyhook elementary school in Newton, Connecticut on the 14th of December.
雷奥·哈斯伦的儿子杰西的性命在12月14日在纽镇康涅狄格桑迪霍克小学被夺走。

Jessie, in 19 other children, killed.
杰西是其他遇害19个孩子的其中一人。

Today the sandy nutrisia community hold testimony stopping the next Newton.
今天, 桑迪霍克社区举行了哀悼并发誓阻止下一起类似事件的再次发生。

They heard from Leo Haslen himself not just about the normality of tragedy but the heart-breaking simplicity of the moment leading up to it.
他们听到的不单单是雷奥·哈斯伦对于悲剧发生的痛苦心情,还有事件所致时候的心碎。

Ordinary moment between a father and a son, the kind you take for granted, because you assume there will be many many more.
一位父亲和儿子之间的普通时刻,你认为理所当然,因为你认为将会有很多很多。

Morning.
早上。

On Dec 14th, Jessie stopped, stopped to the Mistynail Deli, he got his favorite sandwich, sausage egg and cheese, and a hard roll.
在12月14日,杰西停下来,停下来,他得去密斯特里·德利买自己最喜欢的三明治,香肠鸡蛋和奶酪,还有一块硬面包。

And he ordered me one.
而且他为我点了一个。

He always want, we will always do that.
他总是这样,我们总是这样做。

And get a coffee and Jessie don't want call it a coffee that he had a chocolate.
之后是一杯咖啡而杰西不想称之为咖啡,他放了一块巧克力在里面。

We appreciate it at school.
在学校我们很感激。

It was 9:04 when I drive Jessie off, the school clock.
在我开车放下杰西的时候是9:04,学校的钟这样报给我。

Jessie gave me a hug and kiss, at that time, said Goodbye I love you.
杰西给了我一个拥抱和亲吻,在那个时候他说, 再见,我爱你。

He stopped and he said I love Mom too.
然后他停下来说我也爱妈妈。

That was the last day I saw Jessie as he ducked around the corner.
他走进拐角处后就是我见到杰西的最后一天。

Prier and I was getting out of the tragedy and a man helped me.
皮埃尔和我正从阴霾中走出,还有一个人也帮助了我。

And I can still can feel that hug on the back and back.
而我仍然可以感受到和杰西的那次拥抱。

He said everything will be okay Dad.
他说爸爸一切都会好的。

He told me it'll be okay and it wasn't okay.
他告诉我会没事的,然而事实并非如此。

Certainly it was not okay and law-maker now seems odds how to prevent next gun masker and now they are fighting to saw no weapon banishing, no-limiting magazine , past even extending background check.
当然并不好,现在看来立法者们对于如何预防下一个持枪戴面具人很迷茫,而且现在他们现在没有看到禁止武器,没有限制弹夹,甚至没有扩展背景检查。

Some of the national rifle association once favored but now opposes.
一些国家枪支协会曾经支持但现在反对。

Now there is a few arguments over that?
现在有一些争论吗?

Talking police chief Edward Felin at South Carolina republic center, Linsey Grand.
南卡罗来纳公共中心警察局长爱德华·弗林发表了观点,让我们看下林西·格兰德发回的报道。

Almost 80,000 fill out a background check and 44 people are prosecuted.
几乎80,000人填写背景调查而44人被起诉。

What kind of term is that?
这是什么样的比例?

I mean, the law obviously is not seem that as an important if such an important issue while we prosecuting people to fill their background check.
我的意思是,如果是一个我们起诉人们要来填补他们的背景检查如此重要的问题,法律显然不是看起来那样重要。

There are 15 questions there and they are no hard.
有15个他们不予以重视的问题。

Don't you understand if you have to fill out the form so that they frustrated that we say one thing that how important it is and in real world we absolutely do nothing to reinforce the law on the boots.
你不明白如果你填写表格,他们便会感到沮丧,我们说的是一回事,是多么的重要,在现实中我们在强化法律方面是绝对无助。
Now let's talk about...
现在让我们谈谈…
I mean, just for the record from my point of view, senator, the purpose of background check...
我的意思是, 从我的观点来看只是为了记录,而参议员,背景调查的目的…

How many cases have you made? How many cases...
你已经做了多少案例?有多少情况……

You know, it doesn't matter, it's the paper thing.
你知道的,没关系,这是表面的工作。

I wanna stop 76.
我想阻止76人。

I wanna finish the answer.
我想完成。

I wanna stop 76,000 people from buying guns illegally.
我想阻止760,00人非法购买枪支。

That's what background check does.
这就是进行背景调查的原因。

Do you think we gonna do paper work prosecutions but they won't?
你认为我们要做文字工作的起诉,但他们不会吗?

词语解释

1.tragic a.悲剧的;悲惨的
This delay was to have tragic results.
这样的延误即将导致悲剧的结局。

2.pledge n.保证;抵押;誓言
They pledged never to tell the secret.
他们发誓决不泄密。

3.testimony n.证明;证据
His hearty laughter is testimony of his happiness.
他尽情的欢笑可以证明他很幸福。

4.normality n.常态
By now any semblance of normality had disappeared.
到了现在,任何常态的假象都消失了。

5.magazine n.杂志;弹盘;弹药库
This magazine has a large circulation.
这本杂志发行量很大。

 1 2 下一页

分享到

添加到收藏

英语新闻排行