英语听力

听力入门英语演讲VOA慢速英语美文听力教程英语新闻名校课程听力节目影视听力英语视频

CNN英语新闻:塔拉万继母表达丧失继子之痛(双语)

Lily85 于2013-07-04发布 l 已有人浏览
增大字体 减小字体
到目前为止这一审判已经对于在那个晚上乔治·齐默曼射杀塔拉万·马丁人们的所见所闻出色的建立了出色备案记录。
    小E英语欢迎您,请点击播放按钮开始播放……

CNN7.4.jpg

Anderson Cooper.
我是安德森·库珀。

Welcome to the podcast.
欢迎收看播客节目。

The woman who raised Tryvon Martin talks about the stepson she lost - the Trayvon Martin that she says people don't know.
抚养塔拉万·马丁的母亲谈论她,她说人们根本不了解。

Let’s get started.
让我们马上开始今天的节目。

So far this trial has done a good job of establishing for the record what people heard and saw the night George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin.
到目前为止这一审判已经对于在那个晚上乔治·齐默曼射杀塔拉万·马丁人们的所见所闻出色的建立了出色备案记录。

That's what all trials do at this stage of the game.
现阶段所有案件审理所做的就是如此。

But for the moment, at least, that's all the jurors know.
但至少在目前,这就是所有的陪审员们了解到的。

They don't yet know,
他们还不知道,

except perhaps by inference, who George Zimmerman is and who Trayvon Martin was.
也许除了根据推理究竟乔治·齐默曼和塔拉万·马丁到底谁是谁。

Alicia Stanley sadly knows Trayvon Martin is the son she lost, is the child that she had raised from age 3,
艾丽西娅·斯坦利悲伤的知晓塔拉万·马丁是她失去的儿子,是她从3岁起就养育的孩子,

in the home that she shared with Trayvon’s dad Tracy until they separated just before the shooting.
在家里她和塔拉万还有父亲特雷西一起过着快乐的生活,直到他们在枪杀案阴阳两隔之前分开。

Alicia Stanley, Trayvon Martin’s stepmother now joins us exclusively tonight.
艾丽西娅·斯坦利, 塔拉万·马丁的继母现在加入我们今晚的独家报道中。

So I don't think a lot of people know your story and your relationship with Trayvon.
所以我想很多人还不知道你的故事及你和塔拉万的关系。

You were his stepmother for a long, long time.
你长久以来一直是他的继母。

Yes, for 14 years.
是的,已经14年了。

Fourteen years.
14年的时间。

And a half, you could say 14 and a half years.
还有半年,你可以说是14年半。

How much a role did you have in actually raising him?
你在实际抚养时对他如何?

Hands on. I mean, I've been with his father for 14 years.
待如亲骨肉。我的意思是,我和他的父亲在一起14年。

Trayvon was about 3 when I met his father.
在我遇到他的父亲时候塔拉万大概3岁。

And ever since then, I mean, Trayvon has been in my life.
从那时起,我的意思是, 塔拉万已经融入了我的生活。

And I've been nothing more than a mother to him.
而且我一直将她视如己出。

You know, he was raised with my girls. I have two daughters.
你知道,他从小就和我的闺女们一起长大。我有2个女儿。

So he lived in your house?
所以他住在你的家里?

Yes, he lived in, he lived in my house with me and his father and my girls.
是的,他住在我的房子中,还有我和他的父亲及我的孩子们。

And Trayvon wanted to live with us.
而塔拉万想和我们住在一起。

And Trayvon was to our house in my home 85 to 95 - 90 percent of the time.
塔拉万85%至95% ,到90%的时间都是在我家中。

What kind of person was he?
他是个怎样的人?

What do you want people to know about him?
你想要人们了解他什么?

I want people to know that Trayvon was a kind person.
我想让人们知道他是善良之人。

He was a loving person.
他是个充满爱的人。

He loved children.
他喜欢孩子。

Babies, you know, before this happened I really believe he would have been working with children, because he adored children.
宝宝们,你知道,在这件事之前我真的相信他曾经和孩子们在一起工作,因为他喜欢孩子。

And just let people know that he's not what the media make him out to be.
而且让人知道他不是媒体报道的那样。

Like he was this thug. He wasn't that.
像他曾是个恶棍。他不是那样的人。

Are you watching the trial?
你看了审判吗?

I'm not watching the trial. Why?
我没有看。为什么?

It's hard for me.
我无法承受。

I mean, to see and hear the things that led to his death, it's hard for me.
我的意思是,所见所闻导致他的死亡, 我无法承受。

And I don't care to hear it, I don't care to hear that. I don't.
我不想听到,我不想听到这个。

词语解释

1.raise v.升起;举起;饲养

to lift something to a higher position

The percentage of the pay raise equals the increase in prices.
薪水的提高比率和物价的上升一致。

2.trial n.审讯;试验;试用;尝试

the hearing of statements and showing of objects, etc. in a law court to judge if a person is guilty of a crime or to decide a case or a legal matter

He went through hell during the trial.
审讯期间他吃尽了苦头。

3.exclusive a.排外的;独占的;唯一的;完整的

limited to only one person or group of people

He is part of an exclusive social circle and belongs to an exclusive club.
他所处的社交圈子很排外,而且参加的又是个很排外的社团。

4.stepmother n.继母;后母

the woman who is married to someone's father but who is not their real mother

His stepmother is kind to her.
他的继母对她很和善。

5.adore v.爱慕;崇拜

to love someone very much, especially in a way that shows a lot of admiration or respect, or to like something very much

Men can only adore women who are adorable.
男人们只爱慕那些让人爱慕的女人。

 1 2 下一页

分享到

添加到收藏

英语新闻排行