推荐给好友 上一篇 | 下一篇

奥运英语情景对话:08北京绿色奥运.

发布: 2008-6-11 09:56    作者: 佚名  来源: 不详    查看: 1691次

  十几年前,北京仅以2票这差惜败于悉尼(sydney),一条重要的原因就是环保,悉尼正是打出“环保牌”才最终赢得了奥运会的主办权。在2000年悉尼奥运会赛场上我们可以看到绿草茵茵。我们在惋惜自己失败的同时,更应该吸取悉尼成功的经验。环境保护不仅是我们申奥、举办奥运会的口号,更是造福于中国人民的千秋大业。绿色奥运(the Green Olympics)是我们应该铭记的目标。

奥运1000句 08北京奥运 奥运歌曲总汇 奥运英语词汇 奥运名人一览 奥运百科知识

Dialogue:

A:Do you know what the main feature the Sydney Olympics is, John?

你知道悉尼奥运会还有一个什么特点吗?

B:Of course, I know.

我当然知道。

A:What?

什么特点?

B:Environmental protection.

环保啊!

A:Do you know when IOC put forward the issue of environmental protection?

你知道国际奥委会在哪一年提出环保课题的吗?

B:Sorry, I have no idea about it.

抱歉,这我还真不知道。

A:Let me tell you. In 1991. At that time, Sydney put forward the slogan "environmental protection", thus, it won the bid.

让我来告诉你,那是1991年。当时,悉尼正是打出“环保牌”才赢得申办权。

B:What a nice memory! Oh, I know that Beijing and Sydney bid for the Olympic Games together.

好记性!噢,我知道那时北京和悉尼一起参加申奥。

A:Yeah, Sydney had five strate-gies: save energy, save water, reduce trash, prevent pollution, and protect the environmnet. They tried to host a "Green Olympics".

不错,悉尼有五大战略,即:节能、节水、减少垃圾、防止污染与保护环境。他们要办一届“绿色奥运”。

B:They have racked their brain.

他们可谓绞尽脑汁。

A:Yes. Even the torch and fuel are produced by using environmental protection techniques and materials.

是的。就连火炬和燃料都采用环保技术与材料制成。

B:Even so, there was still much pity left. The Green and Peace Organization called it at most a half green.

即使如此,还留下了不少遗憾。绿色和平组织,称其最多是半绿色。

A:That's been quite good. It's the beginning after all. I'm sure that it will be better and better.

已经很不错了,毕竟是刚刚开始嘛。我相信以后会越来越好。


专题: 奥运口语 奥运英语 英语口语
收藏: