1. Where does Jane ask Tom to meet her at first?
2. When and where do they agree to meet finally?
3. What does Jane have to do before going out to meet Tom?
4. According to Peter, what is the problem with the building?
A. The air-conditioning is too strong.
B. The air-conditioning is out of order.
C. The air-conditioning stops working sometimes.
5. Why did Peter miss the breakfast yesterday morning?
A. He overslept.
B. He couldn't fall asleep the night before.
C. He talked with his roommates late into the night.
6. How many students will be staying in this room?
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four.
7. Which subject (s) does David find particularly difficult?
A. Math. B. English. C. The sciences.
8. What does David do to help his uncle with the cows?
A. He milks the cows on Sundays and cleans the cowshed sometimes.
B. He drives the tractor on Sundays and does the milking sometimes.
C. He cleans the cowshed on Sundays and drives the tractor sometimes.
9. What is David going to do now?
A. He is going to work on his own farm.
B. He is preparing to attend an agricultural college.
C. He is going to study hard to pass the exams.
10. What is the probable relation between the man and woman?
A. A research student and a stranger.
B. A social worker and a businessman.
C. A businessman and a research student.
11. What made the woman begin to smoke at the age of 17?
A. Her boyfriend offered her a cigarette.
B. She often went to parties with her friends.
C. She wanted to follow her friends’ example.
12. What was the result of the woman's first attempt to stop smoking?
A. She stopped smoking for a while.
B. She managed to give up smoking completely.
C. She began to smoke fewer cigarettes than before.
13. What do the students come to the school for?
A. Visiting the school.
B. Attending summer courses.
C. A sightseeing tour of the area.
14. How long has the school been open?
A. Twenty years. B. Five years. C. Twenty-five years.
15. What could the students do in the study center if they were out late the night before?
A. Talk to the teachers. B. Use the equipment. C. Do the homework.