1. how do you ____ for coming late for the meeting
a) explain b) excusec) describe d) account
2. the mother was so ____ at the news that she didn’t know what to do.
a)admired b) amazedc) amused d) curious
3. he likes to listen to music with the radio turned on at full ____.
a) power b) voicec) volume d) sound
4. the coach must take a large ____ of the blame for the failure of the football match.
a) quantity b) numberc) share d) amount
5. although alone in the house, he was so busy with his research that he felt____ lonely.
a) all but b) nothing butc) something but d) anything but
6. the introduction of modern technique from abroad makes it necessary for skilled workers to ____ unskilled workers.
a) take place b) take overc) take down d) take the place of