14.i have decided to ____ my smoking.
a)cut up b)cut offc)cut across d)cut down
15. many of the imported planes have been lying ____for years because of the restrictions on the foreign spare parts.a) idle b) vacant c) empty d) hollow
16. electrical ____ are(is) used to free people from the heavy housework.
a) equipment b) facilitiesc) appliances d) apparatus
17. the rain came on time and would certainly ease the feat ____ the people of inland.
a) to face b) face c) facing d) faces
18. they bought a yamaha piano at the price of 10,000 yuan. they liked it
so much that they would have paid ____ for it.
a) twice as much b) as much twicec) as twice much d) much as twice
19. it was not until she had come downstairs ____ remembered the keys were not with her.
a) she b) when she c) that she d) and see
20. mike is very happy. his mark in the english examination is higher than____ in the class
a) anyone’s b) anyone elsec) anyone else’s d) anyone’s else