861. it is easy to take a watch ________, but difficult to put it back together.
a. apart b. away c. down d. off
862. we greatly _____ your timely help, without which we could not have accomplished the task in time.
a. thank b. owe c. appreciate d. admire
863. the cause of the fire that broke out in the plant last night _____ the worker's neglect of duty.
a. persists in b. consists in c. lies in d. results in
864. to obtain a satisfactory result, you must apply two ______ of paint on a clean surface.
a. levels b. coats c. times d. courses
865. her father ________ her for being too free with the soldiers.
a. scolded b. accused c. charged d. complained