Questions 1 to 4 are based on the following conversation.
W： Hey, Tom. How is your literature presentation going?
M： What literature presentation? I don’t have to give mine until the end of the next week.
W： You mean you haven’t even started working on it yet?
M： No. (1) I need the pressure of a deadline to get inspired.
W： Really? (2) I’m quite the opposite. I can’t concentrate unless I know I have plenty of time. Besides I have a big math test next week. So I want to get my presentation out of the way.
M： What’s your presentation on?
W： T.S. Eliot.
M： Wasn’t he a poet? (3) I thought we were supposed to focus on a novel.
W： He wrote novels, do you know?
M： Oh Really? (4) I never knew that. I guess I’ll learn more on Tuesday. Is that when you are supposed to talk?
W： Uh-huh. But I was going to offer you a preview. (4) I'm looking for someone to tell me whether I’m talking too fast and whether you can follow what I'm saying.
M： I guess I could do that. When were you thinking of?
W ： Will this afternoon be all right? I have a class to go to now but I’ll be around before dinner.
M： That sounds good. I’ll stop by your room. It's probably quieter there than in my hall.
In this section you will hear several conversations. Listen to the conversations carefully and then answer the questions that follow.
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the following conversation. At the end of the conversation，you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions.
Now, listen to the conversation.
1. What can we learn about the man at the beginning of the conversation?
A. He is eager to work on the presentation.
B. He has plenty of time to prepare for the presentation.
C. He doesn't know there is a literature presentation until the woman tells him.
D. He may not start to prepare the presentation until next week.
2. Which is NOT the reason why the woman wants to get her presentation out of way?
A. She wants to collect more information about her topic.
B. She is quite the opposite of the man’s attitude towards the presentation.
C. She can’t concentrate unless she has plenty of time.
D. She has an important math test next week.
3. The presentation needs to be about_____
A. a novelist B. a poet C. a novel D. an essay
4. What can be inferred about the preview?
A. During the preview the man will give suggestions to the woman.
B. The man agrees to take the preview for he knows a lot about T. S. Eliot.
C. The man has a class now so they will do the preview before dinner.
D. The preview will take place in the man's room because it’s quiet.
1. D 根据听力原文中的“I need the pressure of a deadline to get inspired”，可知事到 临头才会激发灵感，可能到下周才做。因此，选项D为正确答案。
2. A本题可用排除法，根据听力原文中的“I’mbile.com.cnm quite the opposite?”可知她与男士的态 度相反，因此可以排除选项 B。根据“I can’t concentrate unless I know I have plenty of time”可知她需要足够的时间，因此可以排除选项C。根据“Besides I have a big math test next week. ”可知她下周有重要的考试，因此可以排除选项D。因此，选项 A为正确答案。
3. C 根据听力原文中的“I thought we were supposed to focus on a novel”，可知内容须 是关于一本小说。因此，选项C为正确答案。
4. A 根据听力原文中的“I never knew that. I guess I’ll learn more on Tuesday”，可知 男士不了解 T. S. Eliot 的作品。根据“I’m looking for someone to tell me whether I’m talking too fast and whether you can follow what I’m saying”，可知女士需要别人 对她的陈述给出意见。因此，选项A为正确答案。