Questions 7 to 10 are based on the following conversation.
W： Hey! (7) You got a new television.
M： Yeah! It was delivered yesterday. What do you think of it?
W： It’s huge. It practically takes up the entire side of the room.
M： I know. You don’t think it’s，well, excessive, do you?
W： I didn’t say that. I mean，if you enjoy it, why not? What happened to your old TV, anyhow?
M： It just stopped working last Friday. It was pretty old and didn’t work well. I thought I can afford it. Why not get a new one?
W： It must have been expensive?
M： Well, not as much as you might think. (7) I got it on sale for 50% off.
W： Really? Where?
M： At the stereo city on Route 20. You know (8) at first I just wanted to replace what I had with a TV of about the size and quality. But the salesman there was pushing this because of the 50% off.
W： Yeah. But 50% off what?
M： 2,400 dollars.
W： (7) You spend $ 1，200 on a TV?
M： It’s got a lot of special features. Look at this remote control.
W： I’m sure. But that’s still a lot of money for a television. I don’t think you watch TV that much.
M： Well, I don’t. (10) Do you think I ought to return it? If I do it within a week of purchase, I can get my money back.
W： (10) Honestly，yes. (9) I think you ought to read up on TVs first and choose the model you want before you go to the store. That way you will get what you want.
M： (10) I think you are right.
Questions 7 to 10 are based on the following conversation. At the end of the conversation，you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions.
Now listen to the conversation.
7. What is the conversation mainly about?
A. A popular television bought for the woman.
B. A breakthrough in technology.
C. A recent purchase.
D. A new electronics store.
8. What did the man plan to do at first when his old TV didn’t work well?
A. Exchange the old TV for a cheaper one.
B. Buy a cheaper TV.
C. Buy a new TV of about 2,400 dollars.
D. Buy a new TV of the same size and quality with the old one.
9. What does the woman suggest the man do?
A. Know what television is best for him.
B. Ask for a cheaper price on the television.
C. Buy a different television in a different store.
D. Be satisfied with what he has.
10. What will the man probably do after the conversation?
A. Watch less television.
B. Return the television to the store.
C. Pay for the television.
D. Show the woman how to use the television.
7. C主旨题。比较四个选项可知，选项A和C谈论的对象是购买的物品，而选项B谈 论的对象是技术，选项D谈论的对象是电子产品商店，再根据听前的预测可知本对 话的主题是关于购买电视机的，故可初步排除B和D。对话一开始，女士就提到男士 买了一台new television，接着两人一直围绕男士所买的新电视机展开对话，由此可 知对话主要与a recent purchase有关。听音前的预测得到了验证。
8. D 细节题。男士明确提到，起初他只是想要replace. . . a TV of about the same size and quality (买一台和旧电视机大小相同、拥有相同功能的电视机）。
9. A细节题。对话结尾处，女士建议男士应该read up on TVs first and choose the model...(先好好了解商品和自己的需要，然后再购买电视），也就是说男士应该知道 哪种电视对自己是最适合的，然后再购买。
10. B推断题。对话结尾处，男士问女士自己是否ought to return it，女士给予了肯定 回答，男士也同意女士的看法，由此可推断男士很可能会return the television to the store。