Questions 1 to 3 are based on the following conversation.
W： Stan，do you have a minute?
M： Oh, hi，Cathy. Sure. What’s up?
W： Well, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about the situation in the office.
M： I’m not in very often. (1) It’s so noisy that I can’t work.
W ： (1) That’s exactly what I’m getting at. We’re supposed to be able to do our preparation and marking in that office. But have you noticed? Jack constantly has students coming in to get help with his course. A lot of people are going in and out. Has anybody spoken to him about it?
M： No, not yet. But someone's going to have to.
W： We can’t really ask him to stop having students come in for help, can we?
M； No, of course not. But I’m not going to be able to do my work and neither are you. I imagine it’s the same for the others in the office.
W： Hum. . (2) Could we ask for a kind of meeting room? When Jack has to talk with the students, they could go to the meeting room and not use the office. You know, there’s a room down the hall，a rather small room that we could ask to use. It’s only for storing supplies.
M： You mean that little storage room? Oh, that would be too small.
W： Are you sure? With the cabinets taken out, it might be bigger than it looks.
M： (3) Come to think of it, you may be on to something. I’d like to have a look at that room. Can we go there now?
W： Sure. Let’s go.
In this section you will hear several conversations. Listen to the conversations carefully and then answer the questions that follow.
Questions 1 to 3 are based on the following conversation. At the end of the conversation，you will be given 15 seconds to answer the questions.
Now，listen to the conversation.
1. What problem at the office are Cathy and Stan discussing?
A. There aren’t enough cabinets.
B. There is too much noise.
C. Office supplies are taking up space.
D. Some teaching assistants don’t have desks.
2. What does Cathy suggest doing to solve the problem at the office?
A. Giving Jack a different office.
B. Complaining to the department head.
C. Moving the supplies to the storage room.
D. Trying to get a meeting room for Jack and his students.
3. What does Stan say about Cathy’s suggestion?
A. They’d have to get permission.
B. Jack wouldn’t like it.
C. He thinks it might work.
D. The other assistants should be consulted.
1. B细节题。女士（Cathy)说她想和男士（Stan)谈一谈办公室里的状况，Stan说办公 室里so noisy，所以他都工作不下去了，Cathy接着说她也发现了这个问题，由此可知 两人正在谈论办公室里有too much noise。
2. D 细节题。Cathy 通过请求句式 Could we ask. .建议申请 a kind of meeting room (一间会议室），这样Jack就可以到会议室里和学生们一起讨论问题，而不必在办公 室里讨论，也就不会打扰到其他同事。
3. C 推断题。对话结尾处，Stan 对 Cathy 说 Come to think of it, you may be on to something(可以考虑一下，这个建议应该行得通），由此可推断Stan认为Cathy的建 议可行。