I'd like to call my friend in his room. What shall I do?
Do you know the room number, sir?
For 3-digit room in the Main Building, please dial 9 and then the room number.
May I speak to Mr. Smith, Room 505?
Sorry, he isn't in.
Is that Hilton Hotel?
Would you call back later?
Is that Mr. Smith speaking?
The line is busy.
I didn't catch it. Could you speak louder?
I'm listening. Please speak.
The line is dead.
Mr. Smith, you're wanted on the phone.
Here is a call for you.
1. Get me Mr. Wu please.
2. May I speak to Mr. Wu please?
3. I want to speak to Mr. Wu please.
1. This is she. Who's calling please?
2. This is she. Who's this speaking please?
3. This is she. May I ask who's calling please?
1. I'll get him, hold the line for a moment please.
2. I'll get him, one moment please.
3. I'll get him, one minute please.
4. I'll get him, hold on please.
1. He just went out.
2. He happens to be out.
1. He is not in.
2. He isn't here right now.
1. What time will he be back?
2. When will he be back?
3. Do you know when he will be back?
I'll tell him to call you back when he returns.
Where are you calling from?
Hello, operator, please connect me with Information.
Mr. Wang, this is a collect call from Peter Lee. Will you accept the charges?
The line is busy. Could you call again later?
Switchboard. Which extension would you like?
Could you please let me know how to make a long distance call to China?
How do you charge for long distance?
Do you charge when I make local calls from my room?
Is the telephone on the table good for outside calls?
By the way, how can I make an overseas call?
Could you place the call for me?
How to dial outside calls?
1. There is no charge for house calls.
2. All house calls are free.