teaching procedures for the 1st period
step one warming-up
2. watching & chatting：watch a video which introduces some famous cultural sites across
shaoxing, having a free chat with the ss.
3. questions & answers：show to the ss three pictures, asking them:
① what do you know about the places in the pictures?
② where are they?
③ which one would you like to see most? why?
step two pre-listening
1. ticking：listen to the tape and tick the things ss hear.
2. questions & answers：listen again and discuss the questions in groups
① why is it important to protect cultural relics?
② why is it difficult to find out how people lived in ancient times?
③ what do we know about life in ancient egypt?
④ why do we know so much about the way the ancient egyptians lived?
⑤ what do you think we can do to protect our cultural relics?
step three listening
1. language input ：well, now we're going to listen to a description of three cultural sites.
please ① listen to the tape and write down the name of the site in the form below.
② listen to the tape again and write down about its importance.
③ listen to the tape again and write down about “what's being done to protect it”.
ss discuss their answers in groups and then check in class.
step four post-listening
1. listen to a piece of news (t has previously taken from a news report) and ask ss to have a discussion about the following topics：
① why do our city government make such great effort to protect cultural sites?
② do you think it necessary to spend so much money on the project?
step five error-finding
1. language input：now we're going to listen to the description of the three maps. please
① listen to the tape and put the statues in the right place.
② listen to the tape and put the temple and the museum in the right place.
③ listen to the tape and put the moon tower and the blue waterfall in the right place.
step six game
1. language input：as is known to us all, china is a country with a history of more than 5,0000 years. in the long history, people in different periods have left us quite a number of cultural sites, many of which are world-famous. now please look at the screen carefully and let's have a game!
[t divide the class into four groups, asking the ss to say what the name of the cultural site is and where it is according to the given picture. the group which makes the most choices win the game. ]