课堂英语

听力入门英语演讲VOA慢速英语美文听力教程英语新闻名校课程听力节目影视听力英语视频

VOA常速英语新闻:叙利亚难民面临严冬困境(双语)

Lily85 于2013-02-07发布 l 已有人浏览
增大字体 减小字体
冰冷的雨落在距离叙利亚边境400多公里处伊拉克北部的阿尔巴特难民营。
    小E英语欢迎您,请点击播放按钮开始播放……

VOA46.jpg

Freezing rain falls on the Arbat Refugee Camp in northern Iraq, more than 400 kilometers from the Syrian border .
冰冷的雨落在距离叙利亚边境400多公里处伊拉克北部的阿尔巴特难民营。

In the past five months, more than 500 Syrian refugees have traveled to this ad hoc camp in the middle of a bean field.
在过去的5个月里,超过500名叙利亚难民前往这个位于大豆地中的临时营地。

The children who are not playing outside in the mud try to stay warm by burning refuse found in an abandoned sheep barn.
外面的泥浆使孩子们不能在外面玩耍,他们试图通过燃烧在一个废弃的谷仓中发现的垃圾保持温暖。

Fuaz Akil is an ethnic Kurd from the Syrian city of Deir Ezzor.
福阿兹·艾其尔是一名来自叙利亚城市代尔祖尔的库尔德人。

He's living with his family of 10 in a tent donated by the semi-autonomous Kurdish government of northern Iraq.
他和家人10人一起住在伊拉克北部半自治库尔德政府捐赠的帐篷里。

"We didn't come here for pleasure.
“我们不是来这里游玩。

We're suffering.
我们承受苦难。

Our house was destroyed.
我们的房子被毁坏。

We lost everything.
我们失去了一切。

We came here because this is Kurdistan and these are our people," he said.
我们来到这里是因为这是库尔德斯坦而这些都是我们的人民,”他说道。

"But still we are suffering.
“但我们仍然承受痛苦。

We're not living in this tent for fun.
我们生活在这个帐篷里不是为了好玩。

We had our own house.
我们曾经拥有自己的房子。

We had our own car. Our own tractor.
自己的车。自己的拖拉机。

With more than 80,000 Syrian refugees in Iraq, the U.N. and other international agencies aren't supplying essentials to those crossing the border.
在伊拉克有超过80,000名叙利亚难民,而联合国和其他国际机构不提供必需品给那些越过边境的人。

Tents, toilets, and food have been donated by the local government or by local charities.
帐篷、洁具及食品已经由当地政府或当地慈善事业捐赠。

Fatma Moussa, also a Kurd, traveled nearly a thousand kilometers from Aleppo after her house was destroyed by a rocket.
法特玛·穆萨,也是一名库尔德人, 在自己的房子被一枚火箭弹摧毁后她从阿勒颇跋涉了近一千公里。

"It was the middle of the night when we left Aleppo.
“当我们离开阿勒颇的时候还是半夜。

We were driven to Hasaka and then to the Iraqi border.
我们被带到哈萨卡然后是伊拉克边境。

It was snowing and I had to carry my son on my back," she said.
当时正下着雪,我必须背着我的儿子。”她说道。

As the rain falls, children dart between shelters, trying to stay dry.
当下雨的时候,避难所的孩子们之间玩着飞镖游戏保持身体干燥。

With the conflict in Syria showing no signs of abating, these refugees will continue to suffer through a harsh winter in the foothills of Iraq.
随着叙利亚的冲突没有减弱的迹象,这些难民将继续在伊拉克的山丘中熬过严冬。

词语解释

1.border n.边界;边境

We have a herbaceous border round our garden.
我们的花园四周种有草本植物。

2.mud n.泥;泥浆

My car's stuck in the mud, and it won't budge.
我的车陷入泥中,一动也不动。

3.refuse v.拒绝

I refuse to answer that question.
我不愿回答那个问题。

4.donate v.捐赠;捐献

I can donate one hundred dollars at best.
我充其量只能捐助100美元。

5.refugee n.难民

The refugee was condemned to a life of wandering.
这个难民注定要过流浪的生活。

 1 2 下一页

分享到

添加到收藏

英语新闻排行