英语听力

听力入门英语演讲VOA慢速英语美文听力教程英语新闻名校课程听力节目影视听力英语视频

每日英语听力Level 2第011课: 如果我很微小

kira86 于2020-05-25发布 l 已有人浏览
增大字体 减小字体
每日英语听力训练 Level 2,通过训练不仅能提高听力技能,还能将口语说得更流利。
    小E英语欢迎您,请点击播放按钮开始播放……

Article #11 If I Was Tiny

第11篇 如果我很微小

Imagine what life would be like if you were two inches tall.

想象一下如果你只有两英寸高,生活会是什么样子。

You would have to be careful that nobody stepped on you.

你得小心别让人踩到你。

You would have to watch out for cats, dogs and birds.

你必须小心猫、狗和鸟。

It would be very dangerous, but just think of the things that you could do.

这将是非常危险的,但是想想你能做什么。

You could live in dollhouse, or even a shoebox.

你可以住在玩具屋,甚至鞋盒里。

You could use a bottle cap for a plate.

你可以用瓶盖当盘子。

You would have to wear dolls' clothes.

你得穿洋娃娃的衣服。

A stamp would make a lovely picture to hang on your wall.

你可以把一张邮票当做可爱的壁画挂在墙上。

You could hide in a mouse hole or a drawer.

你可以躲在老鼠洞或抽屉里。

You wouldn't need much food.

你不需要很多食物。

You could probably live comfortably on the crumbs that people would leave on the table.

你也许可以靠别人留在桌上的面包屑舒服地生活。

A thimble would make a good cup.

顶针可以做个好杯子。

If you went outside, the grass would seem like a jungle.

如果你走到外面,草地会像丛林一样。

An insect would be huge and frightening.

昆虫又大又吓人。

A puddle would seem to be an ocean.

水坑就像海洋。

You could cross the puddle in a paper cup and use a spoon for an oar.

你可以用纸杯穿过水坑,用勺子划桨。

A matchbox would make a good bed with a handkerchief as a bedspread.

你可以把火柴盒当床,用手帕当被子。

You'd brush your hair with a toothbrush, but you'd never find anything small enough to brush your teeth with.

你可以用牙刷梳头发,但你找不到更小的东西用来刷牙。

You could take a ride on the back of a mouse.

你可以骑在老鼠背上。

You wouldn't find any books that were small enough to read, but you might read the back of a pill bottle.

没有足够小的书用来阅读,药瓶背后的说明书可以用于阅读。

You could ride in a toy car and have a soup bowl for a swimming pool.

你可以坐在玩具车里,拿汤碗当游泳池。

A leaf could be your umbrella, and a mitten would make a great sleeping bag.

一片树叶可以做你的伞,一副连指手套可以做一个很棒的睡袋。

If you used your imagination, you could think up something to use for almost all your purposes.

如果你运用你的想象力,你可以想出一些几乎可以用于你所有目的的东西。

Being small might be fun, but then again, it would be frightening.

个子小可能很有趣,但话又说回来,这也会让人害怕。

I'd be afraid of my pet cat.

我会害怕我的宠物猫。

I wouldn't want a book to fall on me.

我可不想让一本书砸到我身上。

I would be afraid of being swept away by a big gust of wind.

我怕被一阵风刮走。

I think I'd rather be my size.

我想我还是更喜欢现在的体型大小。

 1 2 下一页

分享到

添加到收藏

听力入门排行